Seminar in Phenomenological Process (Case Analysis):
1. How do we move from the natural attitude into the phenomenological attitude?
2. How do we search for the essence of the phenomenon?
3. How do we differentiate the method of description from interpretation, construction, and explanation?
Seminar in Existential Phenomenology:
1. What is Dasein?
2. What is Being-in-the-World?
3. How do we explain the ontological concept of worldhood?
Seminar in Classical Psychoanalysis:
1. What are the main differences between drive theory, relational theory, and the cyclical-contextual theory?
2. How does the cyclical-contextual theory go beyond the archaeological metaphor of drive and relational approaches?
3. How can the existential-phenomenological concept of intentionality help us understand the notion of self-states (in cyclical-contextual theory)?
Seminar in Cultural Criticism & Psychoanalysis:
1. Why does Marcuse think that forms of rationality are historically and politically motivated/constructed?
2. What is one-dimensional thinking and why is it dangerous?
3. How have our attitudes toward labor become one-dimensional and what is the consequence?
Dr. Kevin Boileau, Ph.D.
Writing in Seattle, WA